Dr Federica Boecklin is a medical doctor trained in both conventional and complementary medicine practicing Integrative Medicine. Dr Boecklin is a graduate from University “La Sapienza” Medical School, Rome, where she also obtained her Spe -t qualification in Clinical Haematology.
She then studied a number of complementary approaches to healing, in particular Homeopathy and Traditional Chinese Medicine Acupuncture. She gained full Membership of the Faculty of Homeopathy and a Diploma in Traditional Chinese Medicine from the Chinese Medical Institute and Register and The Beijing University of Chinese Medicine and Pharmacology.
Dr Boecklin worked as an NHS spe -t at the Royal London Hospital for Integrated Medicine (RLHIM), part of University College Hospitals, from 2001 – 2014. Her work at the RLHIM centred on a variety of clinical specialties including Woman’s health, Fertility, Complementary Cancer Care, Children’s Health, Chronic Pain Management and Addictions Management. She also ran a busy high-volume Acupuncture Clinic for the treatment of menopausal hot flushes and menstrual period disorders.
She has also developed a special interest in pediatric acupuncture, treating children and young adults, in which she combines homeopathic remedies with very gentle acupuncture and acupressure for the management of chronic painful conditions as well as recurrent upper respiratory conditions, digestive complaints and chronic headaches.
Her particular approach to health and healing is to provide patients with individually tailored health programmes, using the safest and most effective combination of approaches and treatments from the world of both conventional and complementary medicine. She has an extensive expertise in using a wide range of healing plans to treat numerous conditions.
Some of these conditions include:
Post traumatic stress disorder
Children’s health conditions including allergies, gastrointestinal disorders, skin disorders
Women’s health conditions, such as fibroids, fertility, menopause, premenstrual syndrome (PMS) and endometriosis
Chronic fatigue syndrome
Complementary Cancer Care
Preparing for and recovering from surgery
What to expect during an appointment:
During an Integrative Medicine consultation, Dr Boecklin will take the time and consideration to really understand the personal context in which your illness exists. This is achieved through in-depth and detailed discussions about your nutrition, sleep patterns, digestion patterns, stress level, social support systems, hobbies and any medications you are taking.
She will also review all of your medical records and conduct a full physical exam that may incorporate Traditional Chinese Medicine diagnosis approaches, such as tongue and pulse exams.
Dr Boecklin believes that individuals can contribute appreciably to their own healing and encourage her patients to take an active role in that process. Thus, after charting your personal medical history, you and her will work together to develop a collaborative and holistic treatment plan that is tailored to your individual needs. To achieve the most effective treatment, this plan may combine a wide range of both conventional and complementary therapies that address all aspects of your health and wellness — biological, psychological, social and spiritual.
Investigations and treatment offered:
1. A series of laboratory tests may be prescribed to help the development of the treatment plan, these may include: comprehensive stool tests, allergy tests, hormonal profiles, cardiovascular risk tests and many more using spe -ed laboratories like Genova Diagnostic and Biolab.
2. Detox plan suggestions if and when required are prescribed to facilitate a better response to the designated treatment.
3.Individualized homeopathic and or herbal remedies are prescribed as part of the extensive treatment plan. Remedies are chosen to facilitate both physical and emotional healing.
4. Dietary advices and prescription of nutritional supplements.
5. Suggestions of lifestyle modifications including teaching of various relaxation techniques.
6. Acupuncture treatment courses are suggested if well indicated: each session is individualized to the specific requirements of the patient. A combination of the following techniques may be offered:
– Traditional Chinese Acupuncture
– Ear Acupuncture
– Scalp Acupuncture
– Electro Acupuncture
– Paediatric Acupuncture
7. Healing techniques are also offered to help achieving deep relaxation and can be combined within the acupuncture session.
Treatment prices and durations:
Adult first Integrative medicine Consultation including preparation of first treatment plan excluding cost of investigations and remedies: 90 minutes £150
– Adult follow-up no acupuncture 45 minutes £85
– Adult follow-up plus acupuncture 75 minutes £120
Child first consultation 60 minutes £98
– Child follow up no acupuncture 30 minutes £55
– Child follow up with acupuncture 45 minutes £85
Dr Federica Boecklin is a member of BMAS British Medical Acupuncture Society, the Faculty of Homeopathy, General Medical Council Registration Number: 4690232, Ordine dei Medici Italiani (Italian Medical Board) and CMIR (Chinese Medicine Institute Register)